Happy New Year!
Mixing it up a bit and sharing one of my favorite healthy recipes (thanks to my best friend Anneitta who made this for my birthday party)! I am thinking of sharing one of my favorite healthy recipes once a month on the blog- what do think?
I make and store this dish at least once a month in the fridge.
The original recipe is here: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/04/skinny-shrimp-salsa.html
- 16 oz cooked peeled shrimp, diced fine
- 4 vine ripe tomatoes, diced fine
- 6 tbsp red onion, finely diced
- 3 tbsp jalapenos, diced fine (more or less to taste)
- 2 tbsp minced cilantro
- 2 limes, juice of (or more to taste)
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
Combine diced onions, tomatoes, salt and lime juice in a non-reactive bowl and let it sit about 5 minutes. Combine the remaining ingredients in a large bowl, taste for salt and adjust as needed. Refrigerate and let the flavors combine at least an hour before serving.
But a few more ways to use this delicious, healthy recipe. Especially after 2-3 days of it marinating (it’s so much better after a day or two).
1) Add to pasta sauce and whole wheat pasta. It’s amazing! So delicious. Add extra jalapeño if you like things spicy.
2) Use it as a pico de gallo and spice up your egg white scramble in the morning for something different.
I loooove a recipe that a) is easy b) gets better and better as it marinates and c) can be used so many different ways.
Happy healthy eating!
You can eat healthy recipes like above or you can just change your shirt styles.
My first big launch of 2013 has arrived
Past or present clients, I have your measurements. If you purchase the guide and get to the measurement section put “NA” in each section.
Chicago ladies, if you have a group of 4 or more women I will gladly come to your home and take your measurements. *Must purchase guide first. Make it a fun night with a movie and wine and get to know the styles that work for your body type! In the comment section of the measurement page tell me your a) host or b) going to X’s party.