Weekend Vacation Packing List: Mini Capsule
With every capsule in mind (whether it’s your entire wardrobe or packing for that much needed getaway) remember: focus on mixing and matching to get the most outfits bang for your buck.
A fan of sustainability myself and getting more use out of your wardrobe– I wanted to highlight this fabulous brand, Mayta.
p.s-I had a lot of extra room in the bag for at least two more outfits for a long weekend but as you can see- I really didn’t need them!
I packed this capsule for an adult trip. My weekend attire looks way different running after my son.
- Weekender Bag Matya
- One black swimsuit that can double as a bodysuit
- Silk pajamas that can double as chic lounge pants or even out to dinner
- Black chic-but-comfortable pants (mine are Brynn Walker a personal favorite), to travel in, wine retreat in,
Black tank (travel day)
- Oversized scarf for travel day and add to dress for chilly evening
- Shirt dress that doubles as a swimsuit cover up
- Day-to-night dress
- Pareo/Sarong (if I had to choose between scarf and this- definitely my oversized scarf)
- 2 pairs of shoes
- Assortment of jewelry
- Metallic clutch for evenings or casual
- Over the shoulder purse-to-clutch or waist bag fanny pack
*should have added appropriate pool sandal
Travel day(s) outfits: I always wear the same travel outfit on both days to save space–but mentally and physically.
This is also great if you’re tight on time and you need to look dressed up quickly after an arrival. Bring your clutch to make it more evening appropriate and add scarf in case it’s chilly.
Here’s that easy day-to-night dress that can be paired beautifully and easily with a scarf and fun textured Matya clutch.
Button it up, add earrings a la Ruminations Studio and a Matya clutch to add texture and fun colors!
A black bathing suit can add 4+ outfits.
If you’re comfortable wearing your black bathing suit as a body suit — the outfit options are endless! Pair it with your pareo/sarong for a beach friendly lunch look, add it to your silk pants for an evening look or add it to your black travel pants for a sexier evening outfit!